RALEIGH, N.C. (October 13, 2014) — The North Carolina Craft Brewers Guild announced today the release of a limited number of kegs of its statewide collaboration beer “NC Gose West” on Thursday, October 16 at select taprooms around the state.
More than twenty professional brewers from around the state joined forces to brew this special one-time release at Mystery Brewing Co. in Hillsborough August 23-24, 2014, and many of those participants will tap a keg for the statewide release this Thursday, October 16.
Tap rooms and bars participating in the joint release on Thursday include:
· Bombshell Beer Co., Holly Springs
· Bull City Burger and Brewery, Durham
· Common Market, South End, Charlotte (in conjunction with Wooden Robot)
· Double Barley Brewing, Smithfield
· Gibb’s Hundred Brewing, Greensboro
· Gizmo Brew Works, Raleigh
· Lonerider, Raleigh
· My Way Tavern, Holly Springs (in conjunction with Carolina Brewing Co.)
· Mystery Brewing Public House, Hillsborough
· Natty Greene’s Brewing Co., Greensboro
· Top of the Hill Brewery, Chapel Hill
· Triangle Brewing Co., Durham
The beer was made using ingredients sourced exclusively from within the state. This marks the first time that NCCBG members have brewed a collective guild recipe together. The style of beer is Gose, a slightly sour wheat beer with a hint of salt, which is gaining in popularity among craft beer drinkers.
Ingredients for the beer were sourced exclusively from North Carolina and include:
· Barley and wheat from Riverbend Malt House in Asheville
· Outer Banks Sea Salt from Southern Shores
· Muscadine grapes from Lu Mil Vineyard in Dublin
· Fresh Wet Hops from: Farm Boy Farms, Pittsboro; Piedmont Hops, Chapel Hill; Three Horses Hops, Chapel Hill
The beer was previously released at two ticketed events, The Great American Beer Festival in Denver, CO October 2-4, 2014 and the World Beer Festival in Durham, NC October 11, 2014.